Monday, April 10, 2017

Ultimate Reset - Phase 2 Overview

Good morning!!!

How are you on this lovely Monday morning? I am GREAT because I am officially 11 lbs lighter than I was 2 weeks ago! In week 1, I lost 7 lbs and in week 2, I lost an additional 3.5 lbs. I am sleeping better, focusing better, and just feeling better.

Here's the breakdown of Phase 2: 

Phase 2: Release

In week 2, you'll continue to refine your diet. You'll have stopped eating animal proteins and dairy and you'll be eating vegetarian meals (for veggie challenged people, rest easy - we've found a way to make it yummy!) You'll also be adding the next element in the Beachbody Ultimate Reset program: Detox. This supplement was designed to help optimize the body's ability to eliminate unwanted substances. It has been formulated with milk thistle, which has been used for thousands of years to help support healthy liver function. 

Although the Ultimate Reset is gentle, you may find you're releasing more than just your digestive tract. Some people experience skin breakouts, while others find themselves releasing toxic emotions or dropping negative habits they've been holding on to. 

After the freeing experience of a strong release phase, you'll now be ready to restore your body to ultimate health. 




Overall, week 2 was very good! I tried a ton of new foods, some I liked, some not so much. It was a downgrade from Phase 1 (no Southwestern veggie tacos!). But that's the fun in trying new things! I ate tons of salads, fruit, and vegetables.

To make it simple, here's my daily schedule: 3 cups of fruit for breakfast everyday, either the Greek or Microgreen salad for lunch everyday, an apple as a mid afternoon snack everyday, and a mix of grains (brown rice or quinoa) with tons of veggies!


Here are just some of the meals for the week! 

New things I tried: 

  • Lentils 
  • Millet
  • Acorn squash
  • Pinto beans
  • Tahini
  • Beets
  • Collard greens
  • Curry
  • Blackberries
  • Turmeric

The BEST part about this program is trying new things ... Pinto beans and rice I will make again, the Tomato and Cucumber salad I will make again, the Roasted Asparagus I will make again, the Sweet Potato and Roasted Red Pepper Bisque I will make again, the Stir Fried Veggies I will absolutely make again. 

So you see what I've been eating, here's how I am feeling mentally: 

First, the workouts. I NEED to sweat. I miss them. I've been doing yoga, walking, and stretching throughout the 21 days since you are not allowed to fully workout. I CAN NOT WAIT to get back into some Insanity or 22 Minute Hard Corps. 

I was also at a birthday lunch for my aunt over the weekend. There were 3 meal options and I had to be the complicated one to order a custom salad to match what can be eaten in the plan. Had to bring my own dressing.... etc. I had to say NO to wine. I had to say NO to appetizers. I had to say NO to cake... while they were all right in front of me. I also had to say NO to drinks and a night out with my cousins and brothers. It was tough missing out on the fun. 

Otherwise, I am sleeping LIKE A BABY! They say your sleep becomes deeper during the reset and you feel well rested, which is so true! I woke up super early on Saturday (6:15 I think?) and straight up cleaned for an hour. THAT NEVER HAPPENS! 

Cravings are pretty much GONE, which is amazing. Cookies, chocolate, Chik Fil A, Wendy's, Reeses PB eggs.. I can say NO and won't DIE. Holy crap! :) I literally used to think about them everyday. Derek wanted me to pick up Wendy's for him yesterday and didn't even have a temptation! He asked me how hard it was to not order french fries haha. I surprised myself and said it wasn't that hard actually! My overall mood is pretty positive. Clothes are fitting much better and looser. 

I know after this is over, I will have a choice. To go back to eating what I used to. Sure, I will absolutely go back to eating meat and drinking wine. No doubt about that. But I will continue to watch what I eat and stop with the mindless snacking now that cravings are gone. I want to continue feeling this great! 

Total weight lost: 11 lbs.
Total inches lost: 9.25 inches


Keep in mind, the Ultimate Reset is not a “weight loss program.”  It is a body and mind retraining, teaching you how to eat clean and detoxing your body.  Getting rid of all the chemicals, toxins and bad mojo junk in your body is what this is all about.  Weight loss will happen to most people, but if you try this and don’t have weight FALLING off of you, don’t get discouraged!  Some people lose 30 lbs, some people lose 3!  If you’re already a clean eater and you do this primarily for the body detox, you won’t see a lot of weight fall off because you probably don’t have that much to get rid of!

So come on guys!  Let’s change your habits too!  Trust me, if I can make it this far, you can complete it too.  It’s hard at first, but once you finish up that second week, you’re going to feel better than you’ve ever felt.  Not just physically, but emotionally.  You’ll have that boost of confidence that “if I can do this, I can do anything.”  You’re relearning how to eat, fuel your body and take care of yourself.  And that is a GIFT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs